Assistant Interior Designer / Junior Designer
IMI Design is looking for an amazingly talented designer to add to this wonderful team! IMI has been rewarded with a great clientele of luxury residential and hospitality projects which are a designer’s dream and highly sought-after in the industry.
A design portfolio is required. Please include a link or attachment when submitting your resume.
Within our organization, you will need to have a strong work ethic, impeccable aesthetics and enjoy a fast-paced atmosphere. In addition, individuals with strong organizational, communication and time management skills will thrive in our work culture. Most of all, be kind and fun to be around, because we are!
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree + 1 year of industry related experience
- AutoCad proficient – Sketch-Up Modeling is also desired
- Studio Designer project management software experience a plus!
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office; creating, editing and basic formulas in MS Excel spreadsheets to manage projects
- Knowledge of interior finishes and materials
- Knowledge of soft furnishings; furniture, window treatments, area rugs, art and accessories
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and integrity
- A team player; reliable, resourceful and diligent
- Self-directed, responsible and a problem solver
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of design principles and lifestyle function solutions in creating a design plan
- Demonstrate strong skills in developing interior palettes of flooring, hard surfaces, wall finishes, etc.
- Industry knowledge and specify appropriate solutions for plumbing, cabinetry, appliances, lighting, etc.
- Design architectural details such as ceilings, fireplaces, built ins, and the like
- Design and select soft furnishings such as window treatments, furniture, area rugs, art, accessories, etc.
- Research and program design project based on client’s goals and requirements for both new build and remodel projects
- Produce documents such as floorplans, elevations, RCPS, detail drawings and specifications that interface with both the clients and the design/build teams.
- Prepare budgets and/or quotes for client projects and demonstrate value engineering abilities as needed
- Paid holidays
- PTO and Sick Leave
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Benefits
Please send resume and design portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply